Within the framework of the project for the establishment of the Latvian Prison Administration new Training Centre, a new training program for mentors was developed in order to provide prison personnel with education appropriate for modern sentence execution, as well as to promote professional development of personnel.
In the new training program, mentors will learn different topics such as:
- Traineeship – a tool for effective acquisition of the educational program and development of professional skills.
- Feedback and its application.
- Mentor and student preparation for the first and subsequent meetings.
- Trust building and strengthening.
- Motivation. Self-motivation. Support. Cooperation.
- Strategy for achieving goals and objectives in the process of traineeship.
- Evaluation. Critical thinking. Decision-making.
It is intended that the mentors will improve the professional competencies necessary to be able to lead the traineeship for the students of the Latvian Prison Administration Training Centre who are acquiring the professional further education training program “Prison Guard”.
Due to the established restrictions to reduce the spread of Covid-19, the training of mentors will take place online.
Working together for a safe and inclusive Europe.
The Latvian Prison Administration project "Establishment of Training centre infrastructure and model prison blocks for training opportunities in the Olaine prison territory" No. 1-6.4/2-2019 is implemented within the framework of the Norway Grants 2014–2021 period programme "Correctional Services".